Thursday, August 2, 2012

OCEAN

I came across this poetic quote some time ago on a random tumblr, it has a hauntingly beautiful quality to it. It made me think of the old poets, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light" you know. I was rather surprised to find it was a line from a song called Crucify me by Bring me the horizon. More poetry right there people. Decided to give the song a listen. Boy was I in for a shock. I believe "metalcore" is the proper name for their kind of music. Not my cup of tea it turns out, so I'll just marvel at the lyrics in silence.

*

Crucify me, and nail my hands to a wooden cross.
There is nothing above, there is nothing below.
Heaven and Hell lives in all of us,
And I've been cast astray.

I am an ocean, I am the sea,
There is a world inside of me.
Lost in the abyss, drowned in the deep,
No set of lungs could salvage me.
Only a shipwreck, only a ghost,
Merely a graveyard of your former self.
We just watched the waves crash over.
I've been cast astray.

There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it.
There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret.
(No one needs to know)
There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it.
There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret.
(No one needs to know)

*excerpt

No comments:

Post a Comment