Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TODAY IS

...the first day on my second year as married. How about that. My husband and I have been an item for near 11 and a half years. I was 17 when I met him, and though we've had some spectacular things to get through, in the end it always came down to him beeing so fucking special to me. He was like a magnet, I was drawn to him like to nothing else. He would constantly rattle my cage and terrify me, but there was no escape.



He has this calm, slightly akward way about him, that makes him both endearing and cringeworthy. People underestimate him all the time, peg him for a bore I suppose, as he doesn't really have a bunch of friends and don't take up a lot of room. He'll just be quiet and polite, go with the flow like it was the most natural thing in the world to him. But, if you start listening to him, ask him questions, and have just a little patience, you'll soon find that pool of black intelligence that drew me in irrevocably. He's almost like some wild beast of the forest, shy and aloof, and if you get too close and havn't faced what he has faced, dangerous.

He has a brave mind, and he's been to some pretty dark places in there, and though he'd be the first to admit his own inadequacies and weaknesses, I've never truly thought of him as weak. Just brave, brave to plunge into the abyss of himself and come out scorched, but whole and determined. He makes me feel immensly special, because I know he doesn't give away his truths lightly.  I love him, as they say, for good or ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment